It’s no secret that employee engagement is essential for businesses to function at their best. After all, engaged employees are more productive, stay with their company longer, and are overall better contributors to the bottom line.
But what may be less obvious is the role that payroll plays in employee engagement. In fact, there’s a strong correlation between payroll and engagement, meaning that the way you handle payroll can have a significant impact on how engaged your employees are.
Here’s a closer look at the payroll-engagement connection and what it means for your business.
When employees feel like they’re being treated fairly in terms of compensation and benefits, they’re more likely to be engaged in their work. On the other hand, if payroll compensation and benefits is a source of frustration for employees, it can quickly lead to disengagement.
As of February, 2022, in Australia, 41% of the workforce is considering leaving their employer. 22% of Australians have changed jobs in the past year, with a further 25% considering doing the same. (Source: NAB Behavioural Insight Report)
These statistics highlight the importance of having a payroll system that is efficient and easy to use. If your payroll system is causing frustration for employees, and it takes extensive processing time to onboard and offboard employees, it’s time to make a change.
Improving the payroll process system to increase employee engagement.
The payroll process is one of the most important back-office operations for any business. But what many businesses don’t realize is that the payroll process can also be a source of disappointment for employees.
Here are some tips on how to improve the payroll process and increase employee engagement:
1. Make sure employees are paid on time and accurately
2. Use an efficient payroll system
3. Communicate with employees about the payroll process
4. Train employees on how to use the payroll system
5. Get feedback from employees about the payroll process
By following these tips, you can help increase employee engagement and satisfaction.
Is your payroll system simple enough for your employees to use?
In an ideal world, payroll would be a simple, straightforward process. But the reality is often quite different. In many cases, payroll can be complicated, time-consuming, and error-prone.
If it’s not as streamlined as it could be, you may be frustrating your workers – and costing yourself money in the long run.
There are a number of things that can make payroll complicated, including:
· Keeping track of hours worked
· Tracking annual leave and sick days
· Handling taxes and other deductions
· Making sure employees are paid on time
· Issuing compliant payslips on time
· Providing employees access to their payroll information
Fortunately, there are a number of ways to make payroll simpler and more efficient. By taking some time to streamline your process, you can make life easier for yourself and your employees.
When you streamline the payroll process, there are a few things to keep in mind:
· Make sure you’re using the right software: There are a number of payroll software options on the market. Find one that fits your specific needs and is easy for your employees to use.
· Automate as much as possible: The less manual input required, the better. Automating key steps in the process can help reduce errors and save time.
· Keep accurate records: This one is important for compliance purposes. Make sure you’re keeping accurate records of hours worked, leave taken, and other key information.
· Provide employees with access to their information: Your employees should be able to view their payslips and other payroll information online. This will save you time and hassle.
· Make sure you’re compliant: Payroll is a complex process, and there are a number of compliance issues to keep in mind. Make sure you understand the rules and regulations before you get started.
Another way to simplify payroll is to outsource it to a third-party provider. This can be a good option if you don’t have the time or resources to manage payroll yourself. When you outsource payroll, you can avoid the hassle of dealing with taxes and deductions, and you can rest assured that your employees will be paid on time.
At the end of the day, happy employees lead to a productive, successful business. And payroll plays a big role in employee happiness. By ensuring that your payroll system is up to par, you can take a major step toward keeping your employees engaged and committed to your company.
Finally, remember that payroll isn’t just about numbers. It’s also about the people who receive those paychecks. Employees who feel like they’re being treated as valued members of the team are more likely to be engaged than those who feel like they’re just a number.
If you’re looking for a payroll solution that is efficient and easy to use, contact us today. We would be happy to discuss your payroll needs and offer a solution that fits your business.
Our services include:
Get in touch today and see how we can help you.