Thinking of hiring that new apprentice or trainee? How does a $15,000 government rebate sound?
The Job Accelerator Grant has been extended to June 2018.
A grant increase of an additional $5,000 for each new apprentice and trainee hired was announced in yesterday’s State Budget. This is in addition to the previous $10,000 grant, increasing the total benefit to $15,000!
It was first announced in the 2016-17 budget that South Australian businesses who increase their number of employees will qualify for a $10,000 grant for each additional full-time, part-time and casual employee employed and maintained for at least 12-months. Yesterday’s South Australian budget announced that this grant is to be extended for another year and an additional $5,000 is offered to employers who hire an apprentice or trainee.
To qualify for this grant, businesses must meet the following criteria:
- employ a new position between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2018
- maintain the new position for at least 12 month
- Businesses with payrolls between $600,000 and $5 million will receive up to $15,000 for each apprentice above current staffing levels.
- Small businesses with payrolls up to $600,000 will receive up to $9000.
- register the new employee within 90 days of the commencement.
How to apply?
Go to: https://www.revenuesaonline.sa.gov.au to register
Once you have registers go to Manage Grant on the left menu and start to Create a New Grant Application for each new employee.
Some important requirements to note are:
- The grant is only eligible for new additional staff, not replacement staff
- You will be required to upload the most recent BAS, payroll summary report and Group Training Organisation Agreement for each employee (if the employee is a trainee or apprentice)
By extending the job accelerator grant, the South Australian Government makes the decision for business owners to grow their staff in response to business growth, a lot easier.
Without the grant, the decision is very much a reactive approach i.e. when your staff are at full capacity and close to burn out; whereas with support programs such as this, employers can take a more proactive approach to hiring and be in the best position to grow their business.
Revenue SA’s has provided a comprehensive Fact Sheet that you can access here.
Click here to view the Complete State Budget Overview